National Osteoporosis Awareness MonthFriday, May 15th, 2015, 5:03 pm
The National Osteoporosis Foundation’s Generations of Strength Campaign is a national awareness building and fundraising initiative calling on women and men to start conversations about bone health and family history as the first step toward protecting themselves and future generations from osteoporosis.
In honor of National Osteoporosis Month, we are asking health professionals, osteoporosis educators, patients, caregivers and advocates alike to join the conversation.
To help with your efforts to spread the word, we’ve created an Online Toolkit with downloadable materials you can use to raise awareness of osteoporosis and the importance of bone health among women and men of all ages and backgrounds.
This year, we are calling on mothers and daughters, fathers and sons to start conversations about bone health and family history in order to raise awareness and funds to protect future generations from this debilitating disease. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Start conversations about bone health, calcium, vitamin D, exercise and other ways to prevent osteoporosis.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about your osteoporosis risk factors and ask when you should get a bone density test.
- Attend a Pearls of Strength® Salon Series event or plan an event in your community.
- Donate in honor of the generations of strength in your family.
- Purchase an item from our Pearls of Strength jewelry collection.
Category: What's New