Healthy Bone Clinic
The Healthy Bone Clinic at the Orthopaedic Institute is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive orthopaedic bone health care; including osteoporosis screening, diagnosis, treatment and education.
Osteoporosis is the most common bone disorder and a major health care issue. With osteoporosis, the body loses bone mineral density and bone strength, increasing the risk of fracture. There are no warning signs at the beginning. In fact, most people don’t even realize they have it. Bone fracture, pain, deformity and disability may not appear until osteoporosis becomes more advanced. That’s why osteoporosis is often called the ‘silent killer’.
- 50% of all women and up to 25% of all men will suffer a fragility fracture in their lifetime.
- If you have had a previous fracture, you are two times as likely to sustain another.
- Recognition and treatment of your fragility fracture can reduce risk of future fractures by 50%.
The good news is that it is preventable!
- A thorough evaluation of your current bone health and your risk for future bone fractures.
- Bone density testing.
- The latest osteoporosis treatments following ‘best practice’ guidelines endorsed by leading medical societies and associations.
- Personalized care that’s right for you based on your unique risk profile, health, family history and test results.
Schedule your bone health assessment today! 618.997.6800
Call 618-997-6800 for our Herin location, 618-457-0325 for our Carbondale location, 618-997-6800 for our Harrisburg location, or 270-442-9461 for our Paducah location to schedule a consultation today!.